All You Need:

All You Need:
Tools of the Trade

Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 8 - A Bike Named Tiger

Thursday, April 8
Alt. Mode - Biking, Carpooling
Points - 2
Gear: black wunder unders, bold blue cool racerback, bold blue check leader of the track jacket, reebox run tones

There was something so easy and peaceful about the ride this morning.  I left right on time.  There was no sense of urgency. The sky was clear. It was beautiful out.  Time flew and the hills seemed easier. I suppose biking, like running because easier the more you do it.  It becomes a moving mediation, a space for your mind to wander.  My mind wandered to the uplifting conversations I had over the past week.  To the freedom I felt while riding my bike.

There's a quote I stumbled upon weeks ago that has changed my life.  "You can like down and let the tiger lay its paw on your head.  Or you can chose to ride the tiger." I've condensed it to, "Ride the Tiger of Life!" and adopted it as my personal motto.  This is how I feel when I'm riding.  I now have a bike named Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment