All You Need:

All You Need:
Tools of the Trade

Friday, April 23, 2010

April 21 - Kangoo Jumps

Wednesday, April 21
Alt Mode. - Car Pool, Kangoo Jumps
Points - 2
Gear-black energizer pants, black 5 yr pima tee, black stride jacket


I woke up 6am to be ready and waiting outside my door for Pheobe to pick me up at 6:30am.  We had a store meeting bright and early with a surprise workout at 7am sharp. "Bring 2 pairs of socks" was the only hint.

Low and behold, Robert with Kangoo Jumps rolled in with a dozen pairs of Kangoo Jump shoes (see pic above) in tow.  We definitely worked up a sweat and "burned 25% more calories" with these babies. After our workout, I asked Robert if I could borrow a pair to make my way home in.  I had every intention of enjoying a beautiful walk home this afternoon, but if I could Kangoo, that would be an incredible experience.  He agreed and I was stoked.

I estimated that what would normally be a 1.5 hour walk would take 2-2.5 hours.  It took me an hour to get up and over the Hyperion Bridge.  Time was not dictated by difficulty but rather personal interactions with others on the street.


Being the friendly and social person I am, I stopped to talked to interested people on the street.  As you can see, I even encouraged those who would fit into them try them on.  That is Amy on the left.  I  met her right out side the scooter shop on the corner of Brand and San Fernando.  Charolette, right, was the cute girl behind the counter of Sweets for the Soul when I walked in.  

Let me tell you a little secret about these shoes...Once you get over the looks of shock and skepticism from the passer-byes, you start to feel like you can do anything.  They were my own felix felicis (for those of you who don't know what felix felicis is, it is liquid luck).  I felt that whatever I wanted, whatever I wanted to accomplish, I could successfully.  And what I wanted to do was talk to Sweets for the Soul about renting their kitchen space and talk to 55 degrees, an excellent wine shop in Atwater Village) about having a chocolate and wine tasting.  I did both of those things.  These are not actions and conversations I'm new to, but sometimes it takes a lot of courage to straight up walk into such places and put yourself out there. With these crazy new fangled shoes on,  how could I go wrong?  The owner of Sweets for the Soul was out of town, but I got her email address.  I talked for 15 minutes with the owner of 55 degrees and even had him bring my website up.  We talked hand-crafted, artisanal chocolates before he gave me Stephanie, the event coordinator's contact info.  Perhaps I didn't talk to the right people at that moment, but I did get their contact info and left a lasting impression.  

I only made it as far as the end of the Hyperion Bridge.  I was offered many rides home, but wanted to enjoy the experience.  I was finally picked up by my friend, Apolonia, whom was having a bad day and just got off of work.  Luckily, I picked up a bottle of wine at 55 just for that reason.  

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea what was in store for me.  I've learned to invite and welcome opportunities into my life.  When they show up, you have to seize them, no matter how silly they may seem.  

1 comment:

  1. It was nice meeting you yesterday at the store, I have to say those Kangoo's are pretty silly looking, but cool!
    I will have to check out this Sweets for the Soul, never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete