All You Need:

All You Need:
Tools of the Trade

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 11 - Soemtimes you just need a day off

Sunday, April 11
Alt. Mode - 0
Points - 0

Today, my mom and I slept in.  I made a delicious breakfast muesli with grated apples (see recipe below).

Erika's Morning Muesli (1 serving):
1/2 cup rolled oats (I actually use a blend of rolled rye and barley flakes I get from the bulk bin at Nature Mart because I err on the gluten-free side)
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp almonds, chopped or sliced
2 dates, chopped
2 apricots, chopped
1 apple, grated (use a box grater, food processor,
Large splash of orange juice to moisten the museli mix.  I juice half an orange with my hand juicer.
1 tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
coconut, shaved or grated (optional)
**If you don't have OJ, you can use milk or soy  milk.

Because we slept in so late, we were a bit rushed at the Iver Farmer's Market.  It lost its leisurely and peaceful vibe that I love so much, but was still fun.  On the way back to the car, I realized my keys were missing.  They're on a carabiner which I always attach to my purse when I turn the car off.  Today was no different as I proceeded to lock my keys in the trunk.  Who doesn't love hanging out in a parking lot waiting for AAA with their mother as she tells you how much she worries about you and your scatter brained nature?  I forgot to mention that the day before, I left my purse at Lemonade.  I swear she brings it out of me.

We spent the rest of the day laying around the house, relaxing, doing our nails, and watching movies.  Sometimes you just need a day off from the hustle and bustle and just pamper yourself.  I need to be the best me for me in order to be the best me for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment