All You Need:

All You Need:
Tools of the Trade

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 19 - Sometimes Life Gets in the Way

Tuesday April 20
Alt. Mode -
4.15 - biked
4.17 - drove
4.18 - biked
4.19 - drove to Calabasas
Points - 4
Gear - black wunder unders, black jogging skirt, senorita pink power y bra, passion swiftly racerback


Its been 5 days since I've shared my adventures.  Life got pretty busy here for awhile.  Its Chocolate of the Month (COTM) crunch time which means I spend all my free waking time making, packaging, and shipping out chocolate.  Sure, it sounds glamorous, but this month's Chocolate, Honey, Banana, Almond-Butter Cups are pretty time consuming.  Needless to say, its hard for me to justify taking 3 hours out of my day to walk to and from work when I need to maximize every moment of my time.

I did drive to work for my closing shift on Saturday.  I was bringing chocolate to Amanda.  I couldn't have it melt.  It need to stay in my nice air conditioned car.  Plus, at the end of a long night at 11pm, I was so thankful to have my car at hand.

I drove to Calabasa yesterday afternoon.  I did make the honest effort to find a metro line, bus, or commuter rail that went out there.   I would have loved the down time to read.   With my unfamiliarity with the area, I didn't have much luck.

I'm closing tonight.  Its overcast.  I am slightly overwhelmed by how much is on my plate, intentionally or otherwise.  Luckily, I've been listening to Brian Tracy while I make chocolate.  He suggests writing everything you have to do down on an index card.  Prioritize.  2 items on your list contain 80% of the solution.  Do those 2 things first and continue to prioritize and cross items off your list.  If something else comes up, don't fret, write it down.  Before you go to bed, write whatever didn't get done today on tomorrow's list.  I've been using this method for the past week and it is helping immensely.

Sometimes life gets busy and we get caught up in the hecticness.  I could sit here all day and beat myself for getting off track from my goals.  Instead, I remember why I'm doing all of this and realize that I am living my goals and dreams.   A busy week is part of the process.  I just have to remember to breathe, breathe deeply, and enjoy.  I have the rest of my life to sleep.  Now its time to get back on the tiger and ride!

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed the chocolate, yum! It only lasted until today though (Friday)...I know it was time consuming, but just know it was well received and very comforting!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete