All You Need:

All You Need:
Tools of the Trade

Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 1 - Car Pooling

April 1, 2010
Starting weight: 141.6 lbs
Alt. Transportation: Carpool!!!
Gear: black wunder unders, senorita pink power Y bra, senorita pink manifesto cool racerback
Points: 3

On March 31st, the day before the onset of the challenge, I took the advice of all the commuting articles I've read and reread over the past week.  Their key pieces of advice: Prepare the night before and leave a change of clothes at work.  I now have 2 sets of clothes, a pair of undies, a bra, and a wash-up kit (face towel, face soap, moisturizer, deodarant, hair elastics, etc) stashed away just in case.  These are to ease the transition of a sweaty bike, run, or walking commute to that of a put together young lady on the floor.

I fully prepared the night before.  My breakfast, lunch, and snacks were packed.  My riding clothes for the morning were laid out, and an extra set of clothes (astro pants and lagoon pima tee) were neatly folded in my bike's saddle bag.  Everything was ready for me to role out at 7:45am and get to work for 8:30am with plenty of time to spare. To work bike commuting takes 24-27 minutes depending on if I'm coming (downhill) or going (uphill).

Come to find out plans changed.  Instead, we, lululemon Glendale, started April's Earth Month Challenge off with a bang! 7 of us, Aleah, Alysa, Amanda, Ann Marie, Denise, Kali and I, carpooled to sweat our butts off at Mark's Pulse Class at 8:20am.  I was so impressed with and proud of my team.  The carpool was organized without my suggestion or nagging.   It was an elaborate plan of pick ups, switch-a-roos, and drop offs all to accommodate a doctor's appointment and those of us who had to open the store.

Instead of cursing the gradual incline that is my way to work, I was fortunate enough to have quality time with Amanda and Denise, catching up, learning about each other, and sharing goals. And now I know where both Amanda and Aleah live.  Aleah just might be hearing some motivating and encouraging knocks on her door at 7:30am.


No comments:

Post a Comment